A workshop and discussion focused a building a plan for staying in the same house. Issues include needs, timing, budget, and resources.
Thursday, October 24th.Session 2: Staying in Your House: House Sharing & Local Safety Net
· Managing budget pressures and isolation by house sharing with seniors, college students and family.
· Mechanics, cost, benefits of Silvernest and Golden Girls.
· Experiences of Silvernest participants from Villages of DC and Montgomery County
· Developing a local safety net. What resource list do I need to create? When is an emergency alert needed?
Thursday, November 21st. Session 3: Staying in Your House: Developing an In-Law Suite- November 21st.
· Creating income and options for care-givers, family, and renters.
· Developing financial options and improving home value
· Creating flexible method for access care-givers, companions, family.
· Creating more affordable rental housing.
· Mechanics, cost, methods of creating a second living area.